- 1 How to un-assign an appstack?
- 2 Related Posts:
- 3 Related
In this blog , i will show you on how to assign an appstack to a user or group.
After AppStack is created and fully provisioned, it can be assigned to users, groups or computers. Once assigned, the AppStack, the application will deploy within seconds in real time or next login.
To assign an AppStack to a user, computer or user group, follow the below simple instructions.
- Login to the appvolume Manager and Select an AppStack on the console and click on Assign.
- Appstacks can be assigned to either users or computers either via named accounts, OU’s, or groups. Enter a user or group name on the search field and Click on assign.
- Finally, we need to confirm the AppStack assignment. Select the default option for “Attach Appstacks on next login or reboot” selected and click “Assign”.
- App Volumes Manager dashboard we can see the number of assignments and attachments for the Base OS Applications AppStack.
- The below screen shots from the vCenter, showing the settings for my view desktop, there is an additional VMDK attached, and notice the name in the upper right.
- Application on the AppStack will be appear on my view desktop.
That’s it, you have now a new appstack attached in your desktop. Now i will walk you through the instructions to unassign an appstack.
How to un-assign an appstack?
- Login to the Appvolume Manager console.
- Click on Volume > Select Appstacks and you will be able to see all the appstacks.
- Select an AppStack on the console and click on Un-assign.
- Select a user or group that you would like to unassign, then click on unassign
- Finally, we need to confirm the AppStack un-assignment. Select the default option for “Detach Appstacks on next logout or reboot” selected and click “Unassign”.
You are done !!!
I hope this is informative for you. Thanks for Reading!!!. Be Social and share it in social media, if you feel worth sharing it.